Welcome to the Friends of NERAM Inc. (FON) a membership organisation which supports the activities of the New England Regional Art Museum through fundraising and volunteering. We support exhibitions, public programs, art classes, workshops, acquisitions of artworks and social events at the Museum.
Friends of NERAM membership Form 2018 (click to download)
As a member of the Friends of NERAM you can:
Meet like-minded people from all walks of life across our region who get involved in and support the arts throughout New England.
Discover arts and culture
Receive special invitations to specific Friends of NERAM events, together with exhibition openings, events, lectures, talks, art classes and performances. Stay up-to-date and informed about a range of arts and cultural activities at NERAM and around the wider region through our e-newsletters and facebook.
Join in and participate in a wide range of enjoyable social activities including NERAMble open gardens, Christmas and member dinners, tours, regular exhibition openings and special events.
Lend a hand
Help out at events such as exhibition openings, talks and other Friends activities. The practical support the Friends provide through catering, bar and other activities helps NERAM to run programs for the whole community. Many Friends also volunteer at the front desk or other activities such as hanging works for exhibitions.
Show your support
The Friends of NERAM Inc. is the key fundraising group supporting NERAM and your membership actively assists the operations of the Museum to provide a range of arts and cultural activities across our region. The Friends of NERAM financially support major exhibitions and programs at the Museum. Recently we have significantly contributed towards the:
- conservation of significant artworks owned by NERAM through the Adopt an Artwork program;
- exhibitions from other collections displayed at NERAM;
- purchase of energy efficient LED lighting systems for the Sustainable NERAM program and for the HINTON permanent exhibition;
- landscaping and rectification of the Black Gully creeklands; and
- establishment of the Helen Dangar Memorial Arts Bursary to support local artists;
- Purchasing special equipment for the safe and efficient installation of exhibition by NERAM staff and volunteers.
Many members also support the Museum directly through donations when they renew their membership and also contribute to the Annual Appeal, the Adopt-an-Artwork program and other NERAM fundraising initiatives.
Receive great benefits
Save money with discounts at the Museum Shop, NERAM art classes, workshops and tickets to musical performances and other activities at the Museum. Local businesses* around New England provide member discounts on all sorts of things ranging from haircuts to car maintenance.
Membership brings many benefits currently which include:
- 10% discount on most purchases at the NERAM Shop
- 10% discount on NERAM venue hire
- 10% discount on purchases of art supplies and framing at Gallery 126
- 10% at Minnie & Lucille Hairdressing
- 10% discount on mechanical repairs and services for private use vehicles only at Platinum Automotive
- 10% discount on full-priced wines and spirits at The Railway Hotel Armidale Bottle Shop
- 10% discount at Cedar Nursery
* If you run a local business and want to support the Friends of NERAM and reach out to our dynamic and engaged members then let us know! You can contact us through the staff at the New England Regional Art Museum.
For more information on Friends activities, click here.
By becoming a member of Friends of NERAM (FON) you are helping to ensure that NERAM continues to play a vital role in the arts and cultural landscape of Armidale and the New England for generations to come.
Becoming a Friend of NERAM is easy. You can join as an individual, family, Volunteer or concession (student and pensioner) member.
You can download the FON Membership form 2017 here or pick one up at the Front Desk at NERAM.
Membership runs from March to February each year.
Members of the Friends of NERAM also have the option of becoming a member of NERAM Ltd, the Museum’s governing body.
Friends of NERAM Committee
The Friends of NERAM meet monthly and coordinate a number of fundraising and social events for the Art Museum, including NERAMble, an annual art in the garden event, and special artist studio tours.
CHAIRMAN Carol Mackerras
DEPUTY CHAIRMAN Martha Saw
SECRETARY Ady Hallam
TREASURER Kim Taylor
PATRON Angus Nivison
HONORARY SOLICITOR Greg Moin
HONORARY AUDITOR Michelle Paul