New England Regional Art Museum (NERAM) is the leading tourist attraction and cultural facility in Armidale in the heart of the New England North West region of New South Wales, Australia.
NERAM opened in 1983 in a purpose built art gallery with the renowned Howard Hinton Collection of over 1,375 donated artworks.
During your visit you can:
- Discover nationally significant collections of Australian art including The Howard Hinton Collection, The Chandler Coventry Collection, the Armidale City Collection and the NERAM Collection;
- Experience a diverse range of exhibitions and displays that explore aspects of contemporary Australian art including works by local artists as well as art historical exhibitions drawn from our collections;
- Create your own artworks through our program of art classes, workshops, educational projects and events or Learn the history of Australian art through lectures, talks and tours;
- Encounter the history of printing and communications in Australia in the Museum of Printing’s collection of finely crafted machinery, equipment and type from the F.T. Wimble and Co. Collections.
- Browse through the Museum Shop which showcases an interesting range of gifts, souvenirs and artworks including high quality ceramics, jewellery, glassware and textiles as well as innovative toys, specialised books and cards.
NERAM is the custodian of three important collections of Australian art: the Howard Hinton Collection, the Chandler Coventry Collection and the NERAM Collection. Together they offer a comprehensive overview of Australian art history unmatched in regional Australia. The collections include significant works by Australian and international artists such as Arthur Streeton, Tom Roberts, Elioth Gruner, Margaret Preston, Whiteley, John Gleeson, Tony Tuckson and Christo, to name just a few.
The annual calendar includes exhibitions of artworks from the collections, local and regional artists and major touring shows, as well as popular art classes, workshops and public programs for all ages.
Opening Times: Tuesday – Sunday 10.00am – 4.00pm
Enquiries: 61 2 6772 5255
Address: 106-114 Kentucky St, Armidale, NSW 2350, Australia
Entry by donation.