It’s been a bumper year for the art museum with lots of exciting and creative activity. Some of our highlights include:
- The first time the Archibald Prize has visited Armidale
- The first exhibition in over a decade to highlight the Coventry Collection – Best of Coventry
- The beautiful botanical illustration exhibition from the Art Gallery of Ballarat – Capturing Flora (on now!)
- Celebrating our 30th Birthday at Government House with Her Excellency Professor Marie Bashier, AC CMG, Governor of NSW
- Finalist in the Northern Inland Innovation Awards with Creating Memories – an innovative intergenerational project in partnership with Home Nursing Group, Armidale High School and digital media artist Laszlo Szabo
- 400 people enjoying the creative activities at the Great ARTplay Day as part of the Armidale Big Birthday Bash
- Masses of creative output in our art classes for both adults and children
- Raising $400,000 for Margaret Olley’s The Yellow Room Triptych
- The special Ode to Olley Dinner for Margaret Olley’s 90th Birthday
We’ve had concerts and performances, art classes, artist and curator talks, art workshops, storeroom tours, school holiday workshops and more. Works from our permanent collections have travelled to Royal Academy of Arts, London; Art Gallery of NSW, Sydney as well as to Orange, Manly, Sydney University and Carrick Hill, SA.
We just couldn’t do all of this without our wonderful supporters and volunteers. So NERAM would like to extend an enormous thank-you to all the Volunteers of NERAM for their loyal support, unwavering commitment and generosity throughout the year. We would also like to thank all project and corporate sponsors and in particular Friends of NERAM and Packsaddle for their definitive support and we look forward to working with you all in the New Year.
And finally a few stats to finish
- Over 39000 visitors (that’s 144% of our local population and a 10% increase from last year) – 60% local, 38% national, 4% international
- 33 exhibitions
- Over 500 activities and events
- And 90 volunteers.
What a great year! And lots more to come in 2014. We look forward to seeing you at your art museum.